Le 24/4/15 11:06, p...@highoctane.be a écrit :

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu <mailto:s...@stfx.eu>> wrote:

    That's a bit harsh, the fonts are the same ;-)
    And it is of course possible that you don't like it, it is a
    matter of taste.
    The contrast thing is also taste, but for some people it solve
    certain vision problems.

Exactly.
When you have floaters all day long, the last thing you want is a f*cking white screen.

Now, I am using 3.0 with DawnTheme, which is more like SublimeText (in a 3.0).

I tried the 4.0 and it is nice. Now, icons should get a pass because the artefacts on the edges are not nice.

If there is some little petty cash available, that's the kind of job that can be done supercheap on something like https://en.99designs.be/. That would be good use of consortium/association money for example.

Why bother with graphics work when you can get things done professionaly for close to nil?

do you know the people?
Because I would really be in favor getting people doing this job.

Phil

    <mailto:norb...@hartl.name>> wrote:

    > That's funny because I tried it two days ago the first time and
    I didn't like it. I had troubles to get anything but bitmap fonts.
    After setting all things up I was a bit disappointed that contrast
    wise it doesn't work for me. Can someone send a screenshot with
    one setup that he/she considers good?

    <esteba...@gmail.com <mailto:esteba...@gmail.com>>:

    >> I disagree… DarkTheme is just for certain tastes, while regular
    one, while probably dated, is more “standard”.
    >> Also, DarkTheme is not ready. yeah, yeah… it works and works
    fine most of the time… but not *all* the time (take for example
    find string dialog… I never found the time to fix it, and nobody
    complained so… :P). Finally. we need to adopt SVG icons (in my
    TODO list since a couple of months, I will deliver soon, I hope),
    otherwise they do not look good (this is a problem eclipse itself
    had it… we are just inheriting it :) )

    >> But a good question would be: How can we push forward our UI,
    besides using a darker or clearer theme?