On 8 May 2015 at 20:23, Eliot Miranda <eliot.mira...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 8 May 2015 at 20:00, Eliot Miranda <eliot.mira...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Ah, a write-only invisible transcript.  Riiiight.  Really useful to log
>>> output to somewhere no one can see it.  Riiight.
>>>
>> No, Igor, the Transcript is a UI element and a stream.  It is a place to
>>> log textual output where the programmer can see it.  It is Smalltalk's
>>> standard output console.  If one ants a stream which will record output one
>>> can use a file.  If one wants to see it in real time, one uses a transcript.
>>>

>> what if i want to log to stdout.. why i need morphic UI element?
>>

> I've said my piece.  You're making me laugh.  Keep digging.

What's so funny?
Would you be against having a widget, called , for instance 'stream
contents viewer', that can be connected to any writeable stream and which
display contents of that stream?
And then sure thing, once we got such widget, it wouldn't be a much of a
hassle to hook it with transcript stream and everyone is happy and joyful.
Again, what is so funny in redirecting transcript to stdout or file?
What if i run things on a server and can only connect via console and need
to be aware of what happening with my image? Does that sounds funny?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.