Try to have it so users don't have to delete much, just extend what is
there.

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 2:10 AM, Kasper Osterbye <kas...@itu.dk> wrote:

> Sergio Fedi and I are now working on this.
>
> As part of the work, we need a "default package comment", akin the the
> default class comment. The class comment is inspired by CRC idea.
> Translating CRC to a PRC, we suggest the following, and ask for comments
> from the community. As I believe we will by the end of the year have a
> inworld pillar renderer which is fairly stable, the default PRC template
> could be:
> 'Please comment me using the following ""template"", ''inspired'' by Class
> Responsibility Collaborator (CRC) design:

'inspired'' by Class Responsibility Collaborator (CRC) design, written in
first-person narrative:

> !Package XXX, part of (reference to main package if one exist)
> one line description: For example, I'm xxx package, containing the
> hierarchy
> of visitor objects.

One line description: I'm Xyz package, providing widgets that ...

(Leave "Part of package" for Collaborators (see below) )

> ;Responsibiliies
> :Three sentences about my main responsibility, what I'm doing, what classes
> do I offer.

(Three sentences is not much to talk about all the package's classes.  How
about...)
I offer services for ...

> ;Collaborators

:State my related packages, and which classes are the ones used from the
> outside of the package.

I'm part of Abc package ...   My related packages are ...      My entry
points are ...

> !!Public API

> - message one in class one
> - message two in class two
> - what is the way to use this package.
>
>    One simple example is simply gorgeous. Or refer to which package is the
> main package if there are several packages in play
>
> !!Internal Representation and Key Implementation Points.
>
> -Implementation Points, in particular references to classes with good class
> comments.'

> Will this work?

Nice initiative.
cheers -ben