On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 02:08:54PM +0200, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> > On 14 Sep 2015, at 11:12, Skip Lentz <skip.le...@inria.fr> wrote:
> >

> >> On Sep 14, 2015, at 11:04 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is there a way to get the operating system PID of the running Pharo VM
> >> from inside the image ?
> >
> > If I???m not mistaken, it is what OSProcess is for. I think this should be
> > it:
> >
> >> OSProcess thisOSProcess pid.
> >
> > The comment of thisOSProcess says:
> >
> > "Answer a single instance of the class corresponding to the OS process in
> > which this Smalltalk image is executing."
>
> OK, that seems to works in Pharo 5. Thanks.
>
> I don't know the overall status of OSProcess in Pharo though. Is is 100%
> supported in all current versions, 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0 ? Is it based on a plugin
> or on native boost ? Should it be included by default ?

It should be working in all Pharo versions. It is based on a VM plugin.

I am the author of OSProcess, and I try to keep it working in Pharo as well
as Squeak. Thierry Goubier also works on OSProcess for Pharo (and he has write
access to the repository).

No, OSProcess should not be included in the image. It is intended to be
an external package.

Dave