Beware, most client code should only refer to the visible façade Float and
its API.
BoxedFloat64 is an implementation detail and is VM dependent.
We don't want client code to be VM dependent, do we?
I hope those references to BoxedFloat64 are rare.

Hi Nicolas,
Of course i agree that making client code dependent on the vm is a bad idea
and generally i agree with everything you said. but i do have some
experience with using BoxedFloat64 and this experience showed me that
relying simply on Float occasionaly just is not posssible (that
'implementation detail' does have an effect on one of my programs). i for
one would appreciate it, if  BoxedFloat64 would _not_ be hidden behind Float
in the source code.
werner