On 5 April 2016 at 02:34, Aliaksei Syrel <alex.sy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Seriously, brute force is synonym of dumb. If you cannot solve the
> problem
> by anything else than using brute force, then first thing you do, you
> leave an extensive comment "sorry guys, this piece stinks, but i was <...>
> unable to do any better".
>
> That is enough, Igor.
> Calling other developers or their decisions "dumb" is unacceptable! It is
> far way beyond a red line and only shows impoliteness. You are not trying
> to constructively criticize but just trolling us.
>
> Why i should be polite to bad code and bad practices?
And have you thought what i should feel , when you using 'perfect' wording
for something that not nearly close to perfect? That was insulting.

> Here are some basic rules if you want to continue discussion:
>
> 1) Before "pushing" other people to spend time on you, try to spend your
> own. Read previous posts at least in the same thread before writing an
> email. Link to bloc build was in the second email but you asked for it 2 or
> 3 messages later.
>
> 2) Don't use "pfff...",  "yadda yadda", " pony" or whatever other jargon
> in any thread related to bloc. It distracts and shows your disregard to the
> reader.

3) Don't judge others that they don't know or understand something. There
> are no stupid people around here.
>
> 4) Write short but informative emails. We have a lot of other stuff to do.
> Everything that you wrote can be expressed using much less amount of
> characters.

If you don't have time to read mails, don't read them. Just ignore. Nobody
forcing you to to read it.
I had to write long, because i need to explain what i don't like and why.
Or would it be better for you if i would review the code and just state:
- i don't like it, fix it.
Leaving you clueless what i don't like and how it should be fixed?

Will such brevity help you to fix things? Apparently not. It is quite
opposite, because them you can simply ignore it. And if i would do it like
that, this is exactly will be disregard to participants of discussion.

> 5) First ask why decision was made and only then describe cons and pros.
> There is obsolete code in multiple places left because it maybe forgotten
> or we realized that it was a mistake but accidentally committed. That
> shadow problem was a mistake and big thanks to Glenn who explained and
> fixed it in bloc a lot of month ago by using ShadowFilter which is in
> another repo for a moment.
>
> 6) When criticizing try to find and mention also positive desicions. It is
> called politeness.

I just want it to see it fixed. Yes, #containsX:Y: works.. but that's far
from 'perfect'.
Because right now it using a private method of Cairo, bypassing layer of
abstraction provided by Athens.
So, you need to expose feature in proper way via Athens API.. and then it
is perfect. And i didn't mentioned it, because as to me it is obvious.
You asking me to be short, but then pointing that i don't mention positive
decisions.
You can't have both, choose one.

>From your side, i don't like to see that on all that mails with many
questions, all i got in response it: 'bullshit, it is perfect'. Because it
feels like that.

If all that i wrote here is bullshit, then fine.. perfect. You don't have
to do and worry about anything.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.