> Denis Kudriashov wrote
> > Yes, it is new implementation of remote smalltalk. Look at my blog for
> > details and docs
> > http://dionisiydk.blogspot.fr/2016/07/major-seamless-update.html
>
> Wow! This is really awesome. I love that you don't have to have the classes
> loaded in the image to deal with the proxies. I've been running into a
> problem lately that I have many images with overlapping domains that need
> talk to each other.

But it could be problem if you will manage your domain objects be
transferred as value. Different format of objects in such cases will be
problem.

> It's gotten messy because by default I use
> SimplePersistence and it's easy to get into hairy situations where the data
> gets unsynced. Could Seamless be appropriate for general inter-image
> communication or is there a better alternative?

It is appropriate. But one important feature is absent now. It is
distributed garbage collection.
During network lifetime unused proxies and references are not collected. It
can be performed only manually (for example when you close network and it
collected by itself or there is "network destroy" command).

Alternative of course is classic http services (Zinc) without any magic.