So damien what is the solution?

Le 7/10/16 à 18:18, Damien Pollet a écrit :
Path >> printString returns a self-evaluating representation, which is fine. Its symmetric is thus Compiler >> evaluate: aString.

(Path from: aString) parses the unix/url representation of a path and results in a Path instance. As far as I understand, #fullName should be the symmetric of that, so that we always have (modulo syntactic normalization, maybe) :

(Path from: aString) fullName = aString

Note that there's an edge case with the empty string that is wrong (at least it should be confusing to unix guys):

Path from: ''. "Path root"

Usually the absolute path for the root of the filesystem is explicitly noted '/', and an empty path is equivalent to '.'

--
Damien Pollet