On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 09:12:55PM +0800, Ben Coman wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 1:34 AM, stepharong <stephar...@free.fr> wrote:
> > Nicolas
> > Since a couple of years already we have one MetaRepo per version
> >
> >     MCSmalltalkhubRepository owner: 'Pharo' project: 'MetaRepoForPharo60'
> > user: 'StephaneDucasse' password: ''
> >     MCSmalltalkhubRepository owner: 'Pharo' project: 'MetaRepoForPharo50'
> > user: 'StephaneDucasse' password: ''
> >     MCSmalltalkhubRepository owner: 'Pharo' project: 'MetaRepoForPharo40'
> > user: 'StephaneDucasse' password: ''
> >     MCSmalltalkhubRepository owner: 'Pharo' project: 'MetaRepoForPharo30'
> > user: 'StephaneDucasse' password: ''
> >
> > You see it is in place since Pharo 30 :).
> >
> > We are working on a single place (web site) to publish packages but also the
> > package metadata.
> > The problem right now is that we cannot verify/publish a configuration
> > without loading it.
> >
> > The idea is to have kind of distributions of packages working and validated
> > vs. a folder full of possible packages
> > I hated so much the squeak catalog because 5 times on 6 nothing worked.
> >
> > Stef
>
> Just a thought for when the catalog validation is implemented,
> it would be good to report what the test coverage is,
> so this can be filtered on to distinguish from projects
> that are green just because they have a single test.

> Also, (as time permits)
> it would be good to have a checkbox to filter out projects
> having no description, and be enabled by default.

There is no sane reason why description should be empty, so please just make it
mandatory (and author/contact too (and possibly tags)).

Re coverage: that would require that the user installing it actually
understands how the metric was computed... e.g. call coverage != path coverage;
also the usefulness and complexity of coverage will greatly depend on the used
task. You can get 100% call coverage with some algo lib, but good luck getting
there with UI. Likewise if the project is more diverse you can very easily skew
it.

Peter