> On 14 Apr 2017, at 13:10, Denis Kudriashov <dionisi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Maybe I am alone who do not like the dark theme.

you can put a preference to switch it back.

> But to me it is too late for such change. I am sure there are UI
> widgets/projects which looks horrible in dark. And people probably test them
> in pharo 6 before this change. So they will be very surprised.

no, dark theme is around since 3 years and is very depurated. In fact, many
people already use it as they preferred theme.

> Also I am really wondering that this decision was not publicly discussed. We
> should vote for such kind of changes.

no, this is not how it works.
We do not vote: most of the decisions are made by consensus and there is also
the board who takes some decisions without asking because we pursuit an
objective: for example we did not ask anybody if they wanted a new browser, we
(the board) decided that Nautilus was not good enough and then we pushed for
Calypso.

> Anyway settings are recovered at image startup. So I can live with it.

yep, that’s the idea… nothing is irreversible :)

Esteban