Hello Craig,

upfront thank you very much for being willing to respond to my problems and
questions.

As I tried to make clear in this and the neighboring thread:
http://forum.world.st/PharoJS-crashes-at-first-try-td4960686.html
I am looking for a serious "professional" solution to combine server-side
Smalltalk with client-side JavaScript, which is sourced in the same
Smalltalk image that runs the server. This is an essntial part of all of my
product plans and ideas. I am only in software for mass-markets (Fremium
principle) and not in customer-centric projects like most Smalltalkers.

Another important background: My quite large Smalltalk famework contains the
greatest parts of the data that defines the UI and, second, I have very
specific plans for the UI in the long run, because the UI decides mostly
about the success or failure of an application software.

There are currently three "candidates": ST2JS, Orca and PharoJS.

As you can read in the second thread (see link above) the PharoJS image
failed at first attempt. Therefore my question, are you aware of a working
image?

Second, is there anywhere some detailed information available about what
PharoJS does and, at least basically, how it's done? (Side-remark: This part
is excellent for Orca, I recommend the Orca papers. Brilliant concepts!)

Third, are you aware of real-life solutions based on PharoJS?

I am currently still at the very beginning of my investigations and my very
first impression of PharoJS was the worst possible: The trial image failed
at first attempt and, even worse, neither general documentation nor
code/class comments were available. Both are a no-go for me, being a
"documentation fanatic" out of very long experience in software development.

Thank you in advance for a short comment.

Frank