Hi Frank,

Le mar. 15 août 2017 à 22:11, Frank-B <frank.berger.softw...@web.de> a
écrit :

> @about this forum at world.st

I never use that website to interact with the mailing list. Most people I
know use regular mail as me.

In practice, we use that forum as conversation backup. It's also practical
because Google indexes it (in contrast to our non Google groups mailing
list).

> <http://world.st>
>
> I have a lot of forum experience from studying "forum psychology and
> sociology" in three different language and in various forums run by very
> different software but I have never come about any system that is *nearly
> as
> crappy, sick and idiotic as this one here*:
>
> - various message don't show up here
> - masses of emails that I am not interested in are polluting my email
> client
> (and I will stop this silly downloading tonight by directing them straight
> into the delete folder)
> - and one is never informed if there is any reply to one's posting, which
> is
> standard on almost all forums and comment part of blogs
> - and there is no chance to directly reply to some post
> - thus there is no branching of the subjects
> - which makes following a sib-thread most difficult
>
> I am neither going to write answers in my email clent, not will I continue
> to pollute my system with 99% unwanted messages.
>
> I just ask myself: Why are Smalltalk people with the "best" IDE of all
> using
> such a crappy system!?
>
> Mailing lists are something - in my view - soooo much outdated and just a
> pain in the....!

Well, currently the communication of this community is split between the
mailing list (not the online forum I assume you use) and a discord group.
We tried slack before but we abandoned it because it loses conversation
history unless you pay.

Actually, discord has far more interactions. But mailing lists are for
perenne conversations. Those who like both are subscribed to both.

Guille