On 03/02/2018 10:14 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
Peter Uhnák wrote
you mean that gitFILETREE:// would somehow use TONEL?
No, I mean a configuration file specifying tonel, like we currently have
.filetree files in every directory with filetree things in it. Embedding the
serialization format in a domain spec seems like a really bad idea.

Sean,

You are right ... the plan is to have a file in the root of the tonel repository that specifies (at a minimum) the format of the repository ... similar to the .filetree file in FileTree repositories ... then we will have a format neutral url that can be used for tonel or filetree format repositories on disk and we will have an url inspired by gitfiletree:// that will be used to replace github:// in Metacello specs (github:// will continue to be supported) bu can be used with github, bitbucket, etc.

So this is the plan, and now Esteban and I have to find the time to execute the plan:)

Dale