> On 13 Mar 2018, at 08:40, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
>

>> On 13 Mar 2018, at 08:17, Marcus Denker <marcus.den...@inria.fr> wrote:
>>

>>> On 13 Mar 2018, at 07:23, Sven Van Caekenberghe <s...@stfx.eu> wrote:
>>>
>>> You probably loaded Zinc #stable which does not yet include
>>> ZnCrPortableWriteStream. Load #bleedingEdge instead.
>>>
>>> This has bitten me as well a couple of times, I will promote a new stable
>>> Zinc later today.
>>>
>> we need to really see how to get synced in Pharo7.
>>
>>      Marcus
>
> Yes, but the sync has to happen both ways: I first have to pick up all the
> changes that we done directly in Pharo 7 as not to overwrite anybody's work.
> That is tedious, delicate work.

Indeed… I just saw that one change I wanted to do since years (moving #asUrl to
Zinc) has been done. (we had a whole package just for these extension methods).

This was a change I wanted to do since years, but as Zinc is backward
compatible, doing cleanups like this are very very difficult… and in the end,
as a single change this is of course not important… but the mistake is to
therefore conclude to never do these tiny changes… as it is a number game: for
1 it’s not important, but if you manage to do 10000 or 20000 of these tiny
changes, where the trivial later cleanups depend on the earlier… and are only
trivial because the earlier were done…

        Marcus