> On 18 Mar 2018, at 00:03, Cyril Ferlicot <cyril.ferli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Time to execute: SystemNavigation new browseMethodsWithSourceString:
> 'Method source with it' matchCase: false
>
> Pharo 6.1: 2480ms
>
> Pharo 7: 132041ms

You didn't type a digit too much, did you ? That is 2 orders of magnitude,
maybe on Windows ;-)

https://pharo.manuscript.com/f/cases/21612/Performances-regression-on-source-code-search

I can confirm that the slowdown pre/post recent file/stream changes in Pharo 7
is about 1 order of magnitude (x10).

There is however no fundamental problem, since the following are equally fast
(~ 1s) in both cases (using old/new streams).

SmalltalkImage current sourcesFile asFileReference readStreamDo: [ :in | [ in
atEnd ] whileFalse: [ in next ] ]

I think there is a ZnBufferedReadStream missing (between the
ZnCharacterReadStream and the primitive File stream) in
SourceFile>>#tryOpenReadOnly:

Sven