Denis Kudriashov <dionisi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
<step...@stack.nl>:

>> Denis Kudriashov <dionisi...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Because when you will fix or improve Beacon-SysLog you will probably do
>> not
>>> want to update Beacon-Core version which will force you to update Pharo
>>> (where SysLog is not loaded).
>>
>> I seem to be missing something here. Why would you update the baseline for
>> that?
>>

> Question is not about baselines.
> Separate repositories for Core and loggers are required to version them
> separately.
> It will allow users to load Core version 1.1, SysLog version 2.0 and
> FileLogger 3.0.
> And it will allow maintainers improve these projects separately. As I was
> described the fix in SysLog will not require updating BeaconCore which is
> included in Pharo.

You do not have a use case for separate repos, but one for duplicates of
the same repo. You need that anyhow because your images depend on different
branches and versions. You might want to solve that by having only one
image responsible for source code management, and all others connecting to
that instead of using libgit directly.

Stephan