Hello Pharo community,

I am currently working on detecting rotten tests in Pharo projects.

Rotten tests are defined as test methods containing one or many assertions in
their source code but one or many of these assertions are not executed when the
test is run.
To have more details on the subject, you can check the research report related
to our first definition of these tests freely available on HAL [1].

In this context, we built a test analyser which, given a Pharo package
containing tests, finds rotten tests [2]. This analyser is still under
development.

We would like to extend the experiment of our research report [1] and to
analyse more projects in order to get a better understanding of rotten tests.

To do that, we need your help. You can help us in two ways:
1. Answer this email with links to one or many open-source Pharo projects
containing tests.
2. If you want, provide us private projects or, at least, run our analyser on
these private projects and give us back the results.

If you want to help us with the second option, send me a mail directly at
julien.delplan...@inria.fr <mailto:julien.delplan...@inria.fr>.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julien Delplanque

Links:
[1]: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01819302
<https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01819302>
[2]: https://github.com/juliendelplanque/RottenTestsFinder/
<https://github.com/juliendelplanque/RottenTestsFinder/>

---
Julien Delplanque
Doctorant à l’Université de Lille
http://juliendelplanque.be/phd.html
Equipe Rmod, Inria
Bâtiment B 40, Avenue Halley 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq
Numéro de téléphone: +333 59 35 86 40