It’s a tricky trade off as Norbert alludes too - in my recent example I needed
some underlying base pieces in place (for the compiler’s ast) and those needed
reviewing to then be committed - then there were two parts to Calypso that
relied on those changes) that also needed reviewing and I wasn’t sure if Denis
waited for the core approval or loaded up my PR - but anyway it took him a bit
of time to process that and he came back with some better suggestions that I
also needed to implement (which I had to find time to do as well).

When I noticed that the core Pharo pieces were merged, I then had to chase
Denis to see if he was now happy and could merge my changes.

I guess it would be helpful if there was a way to easily load up multiple
project pr’s in one go (like the suggested slice concept) so maintainers can
easily review.  Probably more importantly is an easy way to track the status of
multiple submissions so you can follow up with relevant people and push things
along and also ensure things get committed in the right order (eg doc the
dependency chain a bit better).

For me, after a few days I forgot about my Calypso changes and realised a few
weeks later (by accident) and so could chase Denis.

I think it’s this latter case that Steph alludes to - you lose interest after a
few days without some useful prompts and easy status tracking. If we can make
that easier I think it would help.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone