> Le 22 nov. 2018 à 13:25, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> On 22 Nov 2018, at 13:21, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:esteba...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> On 22 Nov 2018, at 12:48, Christophe Demarey <christophe.dema...@inria.fr
>>> <mailto:christophe.dema...@inria.fr>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Why not following git flow?
>>> Keep the development branch for dev and open a 70-release branch to prepare
>>> the release.
>>> This way, there is no change for most people.
>>
>> Because our scripts are automated in branch and tag basis.
>> dev-7.0 will generate SNAPSHOT versions for files.pharo.org/70
>> <http://files.pharo.org/70> and tags (v7.0.0-rc1, for example) will generate
>> a release.

maybe not for now but we can update the scripts to check:
- master branch => release (only release tags there)
- development branch => snapshot
- release branch => snapshots or realease (rcx) if a tag is defined
- all other branches => do nothing

>> We could have another flow, but this was what we decided last week and we
>> will try it (maybe this is wrong and we will need to change it, but well…
>> we’ll see… good part of having a process is that we can iterate on it :P)
>
> Btw, I’m not complete happy with this either: as it is previewed now, there
> will not be stable branch, and I feel this is incorrect. But again… good
> thing is we can iterate, we’ll see if this works.

we could use the master branch for that =>  commits to master are only merges
from release branches and hotfix branches.