--- Begin Message ---

> > And if it's in the image you get to do the programming in Smalltalk rather
> > than C or Slang, which is more fun for most of us. And, let's face it, fun
> > is an important metric in an open-source project -- things that are fun are
> > much more likely to get done.
>
> +100
>
> The VM *is* developed in Smalltalk
> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328509577_Two_Decades_of_Smalltalk_VM_Development_Live_VM_Development_through_Simulation_Tools
>
> <https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328509577_Two_Decades_of_Smalltalk_VM_Development_Live_VM_Development_through_Simulation_Tools>
It is not the point of the message of Martin. I imagine that Martin and Sven
understand it perfectly that the VM is written in Slang and that there
is a simulator. Still many of us agree with their analysis. The VM logic should
be on execution and try to delegate to the image most of the rest.

Stef

--- End Message ---