You may simply clone your fork because the synchronization between it and
the upstream repository is done automatically if you are contributing using
Iceberg. When you are creating a branch from your image commit, Iceberg
fetches the main Pharo repository to obtain information about the required
commit and your fork is updated as soon as you commit the fix. The same
thing is true for the other projects too as soon as you clone the
repository using the option "Clone From github.com" because this
operation uses the GitHub API to obtain information about the repository
from which your repository was forked. It is not the case for the option
"Clone remote repository".

To contribute to Pharo, follow this documentation:
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/wiki/Contribute-a-fix-to-Pharo

Cheers,
-- Pavel