Congrats on the release, a major leap forward!

Torsten Bergmann wrote
> We have a large community with many, many users - but still only a few
> contribute to the core system.
>
> I wonder why and would like to know:
>   - Is it due to the switch to git ?
>   - Is is due to the new contribution process?
>   - Is it for other reasons?

For me; a combination of 1 and 2.
I've done work in Pharo 6.1 during the Pharo7 process, but had no idea how
to easily forward-port any base fixes to Pharo 7. The times I tried (after a
good old-fashioned file-out), I failed to get Iceberg check out Pharo7 on
Windows.
IIRC, I believe I resorted to posting an .st in the issues (which then timed
out after a year of being stuck in for review status with no automatical
validation)
As such, I'm absent from the contributor list for the first time since...
Pharo 1.1? ;)

I hope switching to Pharo8 branch and commiting fixes while working in
Pharo7 will be easier?

Cheers,
Henry