On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 23:36, ducasse <steph...@netcourrier.com> wrote:

> I’m inherently race condition incompatible and just avoid concurrent
> programming because I’m too dull on this.

I've solved a few Pharo race conditions before, so just a tip (that you
maybe already know).
You can't troubleshoot a race condition by standard debugging, because it
alters the timing.
Best that I've done before is resorting to plain old print-line tracing
between every line of the suspect code,
or the equivalent threadsafe collection if its not a hard crash.
e.g....
someMethod
    threadsafeCollection add: "methodname-A" , testCondition
    original method line 1
    threadsafeCollection add: "methodname-B", testCondition
    original method line 2
    threadsafeCollection add: "methodname-C", testCondition

and then looking for cyclic patterns in that data and breaks in those
patterns.

I can have a look in a few weeks.  Right now working 13 hour days to the
end of the week
and then vacationing in China for 10 days.