I am confused, you talk about three different methods,

receiveDataInto:fromHost:port:
receiveUDPData:toHost:port:
sendUDPData... (unspecified)

which one do you want to change and how ?

In any case, as answered by the primitives, the address seems to be a byte
array.

So for filtering incoming packets, I would not convert each packet's address,
but the target address.

> On 20 Jan 2020, at 10:10, HilaireFernandes <hila...@drgeo.eu> wrote:
>
> IMHO, this method is usefull when you are connected to a networked service
> (IP and PORT). It helps to filter the datagrams you are interested by.

How would you have a setup where you need to do that ?

Are you building a firewall ?

Can you elaborate on what you are trying to do ?

You do not have to answer, but I am interested in learning where this comes
from.