Hi all

This is the week-end and we worked super well yesterday during the sprint. Lot
of good enhancements - Thanks a lot to all the participants.
I not really happy to be forced to do it on a sunny saturday but I’m doing it
to clarify points.

Esteban sent me this text that was posted on Squeak-Dev (I personally do not
read squeak related forums because
I have not the time and my focus is Pharo, its consortium, my team, my research
and my family).

We have to react because
        - We do not really at ***all** understand this email
        - We did not kicked anybody from our mailing-list from ages - so ron is
lying. In the past we even had discussion with ron - so we do not
        really understand. May be we got problem to log on our mailing-lists.
        We have no idea because we are working and not looking at such things.

        - When we migrated smalltalkhub to readonly we payed attention to make
sure that private projects stay private.
        We did not migrated smalltalkhub for fun. We MUST do it or it will be
done by our infrastructure!
        - Now the cryptography packages are MIT and they are public anyway. So
again we do not understand anything.

We do not get why Ron contacted us because we announced the migration publicly
way in advance and we will keep
the Smalltalkhub frozen repo for at least next 5 years.

I feel really sorry to hear such kind of email because we do not want to fight
with anybody.
Our goal is to make sure that people can work with Pharo and expand their
business and knowledge.
We are working hard to make sure that people can invent their future with Pharo
and people that know us personally
know that we are not lying.

> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to work with the Pharo group but they keep kicking me out of their
> mailing list.  I've already mentioned this a number of times to the Pharo
> group but nobody seems to care.
>
> BOLD BOLD BOLD PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY  BOLD BOLD BOLD
>
> I am not a lawyer but we used very good lawyers to make the squeaksource
> repository a safe place to do cryptography work.  If you are working on
> cryptography DO NOT POST your code anywhere except squeaksource.  Especially
> if you are in the USA.  The ONLY repository that is approved to host our
> cryptography code in the USA and therefore not subject to criminal violations
> is squeaksource.  It is a CRIME in the USA to move code and make it available
> on the internet for everyone to download!  It must be hosted on
> squeaksoruce.com or another location that is also properly registered.
>
> IF YOU COPIED CRYPTOGRAPHY CODE TO ANOTHER REPOSITORY THAT IS NOT REGISTERED
> I would recommend you delete it immediately.
>
> END BOLD!
>
> Please feel free to post this to the Pharo mailing list because they
> apparently do not want to hear from me!
>
> All the best,
>
> Ron Teitelbaum

Stéphane Ducasse