I couldn't reproduce your original error :S.
I tested the code in the comments of the issue in an updated 1.2 Core image
on windows...  I did a 'do it' and a 'debug it' and nothing special
happened...

Check the comment 3 in this issue
http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1628 , looking at the code
and the comments below that one, I think that's the fix implemented :).