Hi,

Igor, please get this point of view out of your system :).

First, not all programming languages are like this: You can easily run other
VMs (e.g., Java) with more than 3 GB. But, let's not even go there: I can run
Pharo with 1Gb on Mac without problems. According to your reasoning we might
end up downgrading the Mac VM. Some data does not fit in memory, but if I can
get all my data in my image, I will choose to do it.

I am not saying that we should compare with Java, or that it is the end of the
world that the Windows VM is highly restricted. I am simply saying that we
should not dismiss this as a problem just because we do not know how, or do not
have the resources to solve it right now.

After all, we are here to change the world :).

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."