If the app you are porting already uses GTK or Coccoa , then you may be
also interested into Mars

http://marsonpharo.wordpress.com/

I second what Stephane said that right now Morphic is the King as far as
GUIs are concerned, documentation and available code. Spec is too much a
moving target and far from replacing Morphic but its definitely a welcome
clean up.  Morphic is too messy at some areas but overall works really well
considering anything you see inside pharo is build with it.

I am also working on a new GUI API using Athens and Morphic. My focus is in
custom drawn GUIs which is the exact opposite of Mars native look and some
crazy ideas I have about gui design.