Someone keeps saying I must be doing something wrong, the ini file must be
wrong .... execution in Windows in dependent on two settings of PATH in env
var's ... and Win drag-drop in Explorer would have to be broken

As I say, what obscure PATH issue could that have been ?

And I am still trying to find a sure set of steps to reproduce ... having
had the misfortune of hitting these 2 bugs ... and in the process finding
that World | Windows  has some menu quirks / ineffective actions