My apologies if this is already spelled out somewhere and I simply can't
find it, but are there any Spur images for Pharo yet?  I can only find
Squeak ones.  It's not a big deal either way; I was just playing with an
algorithm that, after very heavy optimization, I was able to get down to
about 278ms per pass (from ~700ms initially from a naive
implementation).  For contrast, the equivalent Python runs in ~80ms.
Looking at MessageTally, it seems at least half of that 278ms is spent
noodling around in WideStrings and other small things that the Spur
object format ought to help with, so it'd be interesting to see how much
of a speed boost that gives without any further work.