> Hi,
>
> I am totally against it because it's too much time to open it with the
> spotter. A shortcut need to be a shortcut. If I need to open it via the
> Spotter, I will use the mouse because it's the same time.
> One more reason, when the image become too big sometime, the Spotter
> need some time to initialize. On one of my latest image the spotter
> needed ~3-4sec to open and initialize.

Just regarding the slowdown, if the image has no private data could you
maybe share it?
If you cannot can I send you some logging statements to see what takes so
long.
Normally there shouldn't be such a big slowdown.

One thing that slows down spotter is the fact that we display now all
entries from the world menu, which we should change.
Also the extension for CatalogBrowser does an HTTP request every time one
opens spotter. I am for changing this, or
at least for not displaying the CatalogBrowser by default until one starts
searching.

Cheers,
Andrei