I would give you many more "+" - if you wish - for your opinion:

Another point I would like to mention: keep the source code locally or
at least have an easy option to hold all source code locally.

I've seen so many times, that git or one of the other git repositories
are down - that's a very critical point.

I would like to have a local repository, where I can import external
packages and I work locally only.

I also have thought several times that it would be nice to have a SQLite
database holding all sources/packages. How much easier life would be
with that.

Other than that: I prefer my simple server directory holding monticello
packages - in the Gemstone/S area.

But I have to admit, that all the source code management stuff I've seen
since ENVY in the Smalltalk community are pretty poor stuff - and even
considering integrating git is not a step forward in terms of technical
improvements, but only in terms of marketing and mainstream technology.

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann