Torsten

Olivier in our team that is perl freaks from time to time, told me that this is
sad that Pharo regexp are not compatible with the "standard" = rePlugin.

And I think that his remark makes sense. I was wondering if we should not ressurect the RePlugin to make sure that users can use perlish regexp and do not feel that our world is strange.

Do you have experience with re in the past?
What do you think about this proposal?

Stef

Hi,

I wrote a little tool to test regular expressions and verify that
given samples match it. It also helps to divide an expression into
subexpressions to retrieve parts of a matched string.

Screenshot is attached. Code, load instructions and full tutorial
on how to use it is on https://github.com/astares/Pharo-Regex-Tools

Hope it is useful for others too. Have fun!

Bye
T.