And I think that his remark makes sense. I was wondering if we should not ressurect the RePlugin to make sure that users can use perlish regexp and do not feel that our world is strange.

+1

+23

I've been using regexes casually for years and yet every time I use them in Pharo I have to open the help and end up using PetitParser or parsing it manually anyway…

Which are good reasons not to improve regex support ;)

Norbert

I (would love to have a full version in Pharo - you know me on that).
Now I do not know if we can change the regexp package to actually accept Perl or other more standard
syntax and there is no maintainer of the regexp package.
And it will be slower (of course we have to maintain a binding to a C-libraries).
So you see I'm getting wiser with age :)
Now if you tell me that you want to get the regexp package to accept perlish expressions - I sign :)

Stef