Nicolai Hess wrote:

<mailto:he...@mailbox.sk>>:

    Nicolai Hess wrote:

        <mailto:he...@mailbox.sk> <mailto:he...@mailbox.sk
        <mailto:he...@mailbox.sk>>>:

             On July 26, 2017 11:53:41 AM GMT+02:00, Sven Van Caekenberghe
        <s...@stfx.eu <mailto:s...@stfx.eu> <mailto:s...@stfx.eu

        <mailto:cyril.ferli...@gmail.com>>> wrote:
        >  >
        >  > Le 25/07/2017 à 19:37, Sven Van Caekenberghe a écrit :
        >  >> Hi,
        >  >>
        >  >> User Herby Vojčík seems to have an issue with the
        --headless option
        >on Windows 10
        >  >>
        >  >>

>https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/20271/ZnServer-managedServers-disappear-when-headless-mode-used

<https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/20271/ZnServer-managedServers-disappear-when-headless-mode-used>

<https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/20271/ZnServer-managedServers-disappear-when-headless-mode-used

<https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/20271/ZnServer-managedServers-disappear-when-headless-mode-used>>
        >  >>
        >  >> I cannot reproduce his problem.
        >  >>
        >  >> Maybe there are Windows users out there who can have a look
        and help
        >him ?
        >
        >Anyone ?

        I can reproduce the strange output:

        pharo --headless Pharo.image st sample.st <http://sample.st>
        <http://sample.st>

        with sample.st <http://sample.st> <http://sample.st> contains

        (ZnServer startOn: 8888) register.
        Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true.

        Now starting the pharo image in gui mode

        pharo --headless Pharo.image

    This should probably be without --headless to be less strange
    (running in gui mode does not need --headless, if --headless starts
    gui without cli args in Win, that is probably another issue that
    should be raised for win vm)

Oh, yes of course, I meant running
pharo Pharo.image

        I can access localhost:8888

        but
        ZnServer managedServers evaluates to "an IdentitySet()"

        running

        pharo --headless Pharo.image eval "ZnServer managedServers" shows
        an IdentitySet(a ZnManagingMultiThreadedServer(stopped 8888))

    Wow, it did not come to my mind to check that. That means it is
    indeed the headless to gui transition that is problematic as
    headless to headless is fine.

        running eval without headless option:

        pharo Pharo.image eval "ZnServer managedServers"
        the set is again empty:
        an IdentitySet()

    Thanks, Herby

It lools like ZnServer resets the ManagedServers variable, if the image
starts without the headless option.

The problem is not image started without headless. It works fine if it started without headless, just the sample.st must also be run without headless. Only problem is sample.st run with headless and subsequently image run without headless.

It unregisters it as a result of [ :each | each start ] during startup phase in which the server(s) is(are) already in running state, as shown in my last pharodebug.log posted here.

Maybe it launches startup phase twice, first doing it correctly, second time failing it because start message is in fact startWhenStoppedButRestartAndUnregisterWhenRunnning.

Herby