Hi,

I would like to propose including Pillar in the Pharo image by default.

My reasoning:

Since we are moving to git, and most people will use github, gitlab, and the
likes, it is expected to include a README.md file (or possibly more extensive
documentation) alongside the code.

Which means that people will (and are) writing the README mostly by hand, which
of course is problematic, as e.g. code snippets can get deprecated, screenshots
become outdated, etc.

As Pillar tries to address these problems, it would make sense to me to include
Pillar in the image by default, as anyone using git (which eventually should be
everyone) will most likely benefit from writing their documentation in Pillar.
Similarly using Pillar would open an avenue to provide the documentation
in-image, e.g. one exporter for html/markdown, and another one for Pharo's Help
system.

I could, of course, install Pillar every time, but considering thats extra
effort and in the extra time I can fix the issues by hand, I don't have such an
incentive to use Pillar for this.

Questions & Problems:

I don't know by how much would pillar increase the image size. Perhaps there
could be (a) "lightweight Pillar" (that would include just pillar & markdown
exporter), or (b) we would have different images for different uses.

By different images I mean something along the lines of
a) developer image - meant to be directly used by developers to create their
software
b) production image - as a foundation for running systems / users

Does this make sense?

Peter