VA Smalltalk doesn't strip an image; it builds a new image based on
application dependencies. With VA's packaging functionality, you are more
likely to get a packaging error that reports you are trying to use
something that isn't reachable according to the defined dependencies.

I admit that except for the first few years, most of my early Smalltalk
experience involved ENVY and VA/VisualAge Smalltalk. Still, I prefer it's
practice of building an image based on what you have told it to include.