White all over Smalltalks UIs are a reason why I do *not* use them.

Dark Pharo: good.

Properly themeable Pharo with a palette and logical color mappings:
nirvana. I hope to  contribute to that. I did some GToolkit dark theming
but it was too late for 6.0 so maybe for 7.

Try to code against a white background when you have floaters casting
shadows on your retina. I sucks big time.

I noticed that a lot of older folk suffer from this.

I once had a guy who wasn't telling younger team members that he wasn't
able to read their document due to too small fonts. We are talking C level
executives here...

These accessibility issues are going to become huge with people getting
older and having cash to spend.

>From what I can so see, hearing problems will be quite a thing with newer
generations.

Anyway, there is NegativeScreen on Windows to get whatever I want.

http://arcanesanctum.net/negativescreen/

Phil