Hannes Hirzel wrote
> the question is of course - is it the HTML only model you are
> interested in or is it rather a 'web document model'

Thanks for the detailed replies! Yes, you are right. I should've given more
info about my use case. I had some HTML that I was using for an email
signature for my organization. Every time we have a new officer, I would dig
out and hand edit an existing signature in a dumb text file. This worked as
far as it goes, but when I wanted to make a change to the design, I'd have
to hand edit them all. So, I thought, let's just do it automagically in
Pharo! But then I ended up with a weird hybrid approach where:
- PRO: I broke the HTML up into smaller logical pieces in Pharo methods
- CON: The individual pieces were still just dumb text (e.g. I had to read
through a string to pick out which parts belong to which
tag/attribute/inner-text)
- CON: I lost the ability to deal with the HTML in its own domain (e.g. open
it in Dreamweaver and live edit)

I reckoned that I should fully commit to one approach. Either have an HTML
template file(s) which Pharo manipulates, or break up the HTML fully into a
domain representation.

So my goal is to have something which outputs HTML suitable for an email
signature based on HTML which I already have in text/file form.

-----
Cheers,
Sean