On 09-11-17 21:29, Викентий Потапов wrote:

Will Pharo 7 be ready for i18n of applications?

With QCMagritte we have provided string translations since Pharo 4 or so. In a Magritte-based application you can just add a visitor that walks the descriptions and extracts what needs translating. We demonstrated a web based interface allowing live translations (and im- and export to csv) for that a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTut44Xs3_U

It needs updating for Pharo 6/7 again, and is missing things like translating keybindings. I am not so impressed by the gettext functionality but it is something that translators are used to.

Stephan