Hi Stef,

> On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 2:05 PM, Hernán Morales Durand
> <hernan.mora...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> One can make money by writing a Pharo-related book?
>
> Since most of the books I wrote are free I did not earn much.
> Most of the time if ESUG would not sponsor I would earn 200 Euros max.

Ok, please note that 200 euros is about half of the minimum salary at
least here:

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=200&From=EUR&To=ARS
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Salario_m%C3%ADnimo_en_Argentina

And the min salary is an absolute crap.
Yes, that's how bad it is.

> Now the association could sponsor book too.
> We could also create a bounty for booklets.
> I would love to read books or booklets written by others and I'm ready
> to pay for it.
> I would like to read a book on IA, Bloc, And many topics in fact.
>
>> It takes a significant amount of effort to write a book, you know
>> better of course.
>>
>> Is there a plan for monetization so people maybe gets more motivated
>> to write Pharo material?
>
> I'm planning to make my last book on lulu (it is there but I'm waiting
> for the first printout)
> and to offer a good reduction to the association members.
>
> Stef

Thank you for the reply.

Let me know if you'd like to add a bioinformatics or geographic
information retrieval chapter. I wrote the chapters in Markdown for
pandoc but I can convert them to Pillar once it's ready for Windows.

Cheers,

Hernán