Dominique Dartois wrote:

<mailto:cyril.ferli...@gmail.com>>:

    Le 19/02/2018 ?? 21:56, Dominique Dartois a ??crit :
     > Hello All.
     > I try to use Ajax/JQuery to update a value in a HTML table by
    clicking
     > on the table heading.
     > The new value (the update) is not written in the tabledata I
    associated
     > an id with, but before the table.
     >
     > The code :
     >
     > renderContentOn: html
     >
     > html table: [
     >
     > html tableHead: [
     >
     > html tableRow: [
     >
     > html tableHeading: [ html anchor url: 'javascript:void(0)'; onClick:
     >
     > ((html jQuery: #changeMe) load html: 'BBB'); with: 'Update'].
     >
     > ]
     >
     > ].
     >
     > html tableBody: [
     >
     > html span id: #changeMe; with: [html tableData: [html render:
    'AAA']].

     > ]
     >
     > ]
     >

     > The debugger in Firefox displays clearly that the "span id:
    #changeMe"
     > is not written at the correct place in the generated javascript.
     >
     > Images int??gr??es 1
     >
     > What am I doing wrong?
     > Regards
     > --
     > Dominique

    Hi,

    This is possibly because in HTML5 a table element can only contains:
    - tr
    - th
    - td
    - caption
    - col
    - colgroup
    - thead
    - tbody
    - tfoot

    It should not contains span to be valid. Maybe your browser make this
    change to make the HTML valid.

    --
    Cyril Ferlicot
    https://ferlicot.fr

Thank you so much Cyril.

The right code is :
html tableData id: #changeMe ; with: [html render: 'AAA'].

Why not simply

  html tableData id: #changeMe; with: 'AAA'.

?

and not :
html span id: #changeMe; with: [html tableData: [html render: 'AAA']].

Thanks again Regards

--
Dominique