"Castings" are aliens in the Smalltalk world, although there is a
#become*: method family, I would discourage you from using it as an
alternative unless you really need to do it.

If your use case is that concrete, I'd do something like:

`ILHTMLBuilderElement fromXMLElement: anXMLElement`

Then all subclasses of `ILHTMLBuilderElement` will know what to look
and what to omit from the `XMLElement` parameter.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo