To make things merrier, when you set procotol to https, you don't need anything
of the cruft from before: no ssh keys, no setting up an account, setting git
username etc. You get read-only access to all public github:// and bitbucket://
repos with no additional setup.

The con is the “read-only” - you cannot (easily) develop / contribute to them.
But if your only concern is to be able to load dependencies, setting protocol
to https is easiest way to go.

Herby