Richard,

Please apologize if my reply was too harsh and without anesthesia.
I'm happy a private company/person decided to fund this, I was there
and applauded it then and I still celebrate it, I really hope it does good.

What I'm skeptical about is about the return of this, and its
effectiveness given the initial proposal and shown material, and the
current loose definition/contents.

I'm not doubting about your dedication and previous marketing
activities, actually I believe it was quite efficient, and for the lack of
any ROI or equivalent measurement, I _believe_ that this challenge won't
add much. OTOH I also believe that if no harm is done, some action is
better than no action, and your challenge is certainly better than
just watching.

In terms of funding you only needed to raise the asked money, and you
succeeded. A majority vote was not necessary.
So it doesn't matter whether I agree, because I only speak for myself
and no one is entitled to speak on behalf of the community.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo