On 18 October 2019 at 08.00.13, Richard O'Keefe (rao...@gmail.com) wrote:

When is it pointless to introduce a WriteStream and just use #, ?
When #, would not be in a loop or recursion.
Constructing error messages, class initialisation code, that sort of thing.

If you find yourself doing a lot of concatenations, you are probably
missing an abstraction. For example, building up XML by string
concatenation would be very silly: you want to build a tree and have
it write itself to a stream.

Absolutely agree. Streams use logarithmic extension of buffer,
concatenation linear, but it is still amazing to see.

I am working on a pillar to `Text` generator. Here I found concatenation to
be simpler to handle as I can add bold, italics, indentation, etc. in a
much simpler way. To use a streaming method I would have to introduce both
Canvas and Aggregate brushes. Doable indeed, but much less concise.

Best,

Kasper