> Am 21.10.2019 um 19:20 schrieb Kasper Østerbye <kasper.oster...@gmail.com>:
>

>> On 21 October 2019 at 18.53.24, Norbert Hartl (norb...@hartl.name) wrote:
>> Looking at the code it seems that there is just a pillar to text conversikn.
>
> Yes, I only go from pillar to Text (not just String).
>
>> Do you have plans to go from text to pillar as well?
>
> Your question confuses me :-)
>
> What would be the source of an already formatted Text?
> Is there a “rich text editor”? I did not know there was one?
Well, I‘m in a constant fight with Esteban about it 😄 I started to use Rubric
as text editing component. With this I started to add text attributes for
wysiwyg editing. In a basic attempt I wrote a converter from text attributes to
pillar markup. The text with pillar markup is stored in my model and the pillar
to text reconstructs to formatted text.
With spec we need to redo such a component. There is a text component. The plan
is to add a rich text component that can have styled text. Both things together
could be a good editor in wysiwyg fashion having pillar as document model.
In your first post I thought I read you have the same plan. Maybe just wishful
thinking.

Norbert