On 21 October 2019 at 21.44.49, Norbert Hartl (norb...@hartl.name) wrote:

I started to use Rubric as text editing component. With this I started to
add text attributes for wysiwyg editing. In a basic attempt I wrote a
converter from text attributes to pillar markup. The text with pillar
markup is stored in my model and the pillar to text reconstructs to
formatted text.
With spec we need to redo such a component. There is a text component. The
plan is to add a rich text component that can have styled text. Both things
together could be a good editor in wysiwyg fashion having pillar as
document model.
In your first post I thought I read you have the same plan. Maybe just
wishful thinking.

Got it.

When googling, it seems like the Cuis-StyledTextEditor (
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/StyledTextEditor) is the latest attempt,
but it is not Pharo.

As I understand it, it is the plan to get gtk and pharo to work together
somehow. Does gtk have a widget that allow for rich text wysiwyg? Its
underlying text model seems to be similar to smalltalk (attributes).

At the moment I am less interested in (developing) a wysiwyg editor. Also I
am not going to try and make a *full* pillar renderer (I am not a pillar
fan).

As Julien wrote, class comments (and perhaps even regular comments)
rendered in rich-text based on markup is my first goal.

I am still picking up Pharo and all it tooling, so it is slow progress atm.

Btw, in the comments for Rubric a project named TxText is mentioned. I
presume it is either integrated into the system and has lost its name, or
it stalled?

Best,

Kasper