This is what I provided the JRMPC participants: https://jrmpc.ca/ (see "How
to learn Smalltalk programming"). I'm not sure how I could've done better,
though.

You make an excellent point about duplication and keeping documentation
up-to-date. However, there has to be some middle ground that makes it easier
and more convenient for new developers to find the tools they need. Perhaps
a synoptical reference showing the more common classes used, such as
collections, web-related classes, time-related classes, exception and error
classes, file system-related classes, process-related classes, and so on.
These classes ought not to change much, if at all.

Tim Mackinnon wrote