--- Begin Message ---
I am new to Pharo and liked that it is a cleaned up and modern Smalltalk, but I
think I'm done before I ever started.  My biggest interest was in Seaside, yet
trying to install it from instructions on the Seaside GitHub fails:
Metacello new
 baseline:'Seaside3';
 repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
 load
Trying to load packages from the catalog browser like Magritte fails. Some
packages aren't updated for 8.0 and are only available for 7.0.  Some are only
available for 4.0.  Trying to follow the book for creating a blog has ha me
spend time trying to get something going to no avail.
I'm not an expert programmer, but I've been in IT for 25 years and can do some
C, Racket, Pascal, shell languages, awk, Perl, but I am stymied at every turn
with Pharo.

--- End Message ---